It's that time of the year again - Autumn's brilliant color palette is about to explode in splendor. School is back in session, Apple Cider Donuts have hit the grocery market shelves and Starbucks (along with other coffee shops) has reintroduced Pumpkin Spice everything. As usual, mid-October seems to be the best time to set aside a few hours or even a weekend to venture around Connecticut for some peak foliage peeping. Need help planning the journey? CTvisit.com has an interactive map available which illustrates scenic views & hiking locations, fall driving routes, and a foliage map with key dates.
If you have only a small opening on the calendar, we suggest the following locations closer to our neck of the woods:
- Sherwood Island State Park - Westport, CT
- Devil's Den Preserve - Weston, CT
- Putnam Memorial State Park - Redding, CT
- White Memorial Conservation Center - The Boardwalk - Litchfield, CT
- Silverman's Farm - Easton, CT (great for a hayride up the mountain, apple picking, pumpkin selection and CT's famous apple cider donuts)
- Waveny Park - New Canaan, CT
- Cove Island Park - Stamford, CT
Click HERE for a list of additional destinations in our special state.
Reach out to us at The Riverside Realty Group for more information and if you are thinking about making a move, we would love to connect and help with the journey.